New year’s resolutions are something small business owners will want to look at. This will help them reassess their business visions and set new goals for 2023, all to increase revenue and bring in new customers. Business resolutions will vary, just as they do in personal life, but there are top goals to consider that make good business sense.
Here are eight resolutions for 2023 that will help you refresh your business operations and make the most of the next 12 months. Be sure the resolutions you choose are achievable, quantifiable, and have deadlines with assessments in place.
1. Update your business plan: Establish goals for you as a business owner and your brand to help you achieve a clear sense of direction. Revisit those goals monthly, noting what worked and didn’t for you and your staff.
2. Refresh your marketing plan: The marketing plan, a component of the business plan, needs an update every year to see what marketing strategies were successful.
3. Advance your digital presence: Most businesses already have a website, but keep yours updated with your latest business news.
4. Promote all year long: Don’t wait to promote and market your business; make it a regular push all year long. Come up with a monthly promotion using daily calendars to prompt ideas.
5. Personalize customer service: Be sure to personalize the entire buyer journey by offering products and services based on your customers’ purchasing behaviors.
6. Foster a positive workplace: Establish a positive work culture by being more open to and encouraging feedback from your staff.
7. Give back: Employees often like to be part of a workplace culture that gives back to and shows gratitude to the broader community. Be sure to appreciate the community for supporting your business.
8. Be trustworthy and transparent: Engage in authentic interactions with your customers and clients to build trust and operate your business with transparency. Invite customers to interact with you online or through social media.
The Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce was founded on December 11, 1975 by local business people and has been bringing the community together ever since. Our goal is to create opportunities for our members to succeed. We actively promote our members through monthly membership meetings, after-hours mixers, educational workshops, quarterly nonprofit meetings, and community events including Annual Chamber Awards, Elevation Celebration, Festival of Trees and, of course, our ever-popular Conifer Christmas Parade.
Our mission is to encourage, develop, promote and protect the general business interests of the area in accordance with the principles of the free enterprise system.
Our vision is to create a thriving business community through meaningful connections, igniting growth opportunities and advocating for a healthy economic environment.
Membership with the Conifer Chamber connects you to our community, its resources, and many opportunities to grow your business. Chamber members can access exclusive programs and venues that help build their business and personal relationships, increase visibility, and generate leads.